Monday, September 24, 2012

What 'equipment' do you need in your kitchen?

If you are not really interested in cooking, kitchen equepments might seem a little complicated to you. Having specific tools/equipment can just speed things up a lot. Otherwıse you probably need an alien (like E.T) touch while cooking :D


You'll figure out which ones you need and want to invest in (or get inexpensively from thrift shops, relatives, Walmart/etc, online, etc) as you go along.
For a start, stock up on basic kitchen utensils such as a spatula, whisk, ladle, mixing spoon, tongs, grater, juicer, peeler, colander, can opener, serving spoon and a slotted spoon, measuring cup..

OK. If you are a good cook or at least you are not that clueless on cooking, maybe you got already bored and stopped reading this post, lol..

Even though you have already set up your kitchen you might need some more tools/equipments, like me anyway. :D
For instans, lately I terribily need an egg poacher though. Spray the cup with low fat spray oil and get them out with a rubber spatula.. and goodness knows it's that easy!!!
                                You'll end up with the perfectly poached egg.
                                                   Hmmmmmmmm......:))

6 comments:

  1. I love kitchen gadgets. I have two drawers full and then some!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like to cook when I have time. Most of my utensils came from places like Walmart but I have invested more in a good set of knives.

    Love your tip for poaching eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love kitchen gadgets too! :o) It's always fun to come across something different...and fun to find something that makes it easier to create yummy foods. :o)

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't like to cook, however, a good cooking tool or gadget can spark a little excitement. :)

    Love the E.T. pic. He's so cute. Or is he a she? lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anita, another 'he' in our home:)
    I got that when I was pregnant. He has lights and speaks.. just like his original sound:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When someone writes an post he/she maintains
    the image of a user in his/her brain that how a user can understand
    it. Thus that's why this post is great. Thanks!
    My website :: Cooking Simple Vegetables

    ReplyDelete

I' m loving to read your comments:)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin